The information contained within this website (www.tft.org.nz) is the property of the Tōtara for Tōtaranui Project.
We are an environmental conservation organisation and the information provided is done so in good faith, by predominantly volunteers to further the goal of conserving the Marlborough Sounds by protecting, restoring, and enhancing the land and the sea for future generations and educating people why this is important. By using the website, the user accepts these terms and conditions.
We cannot guarantee that all the information provided is 100% error free or up to date. If you find an error simply let us know and we will correct it. The website is updated frequently and will be done so without announcement.
Users of the website do so on their own volition and acknowledge that the Tōtara for Tōtaranui Project does not accept liability for any matters that arise as a result of inaccurate content, or any other information presented. Any liability claim of any kind will be rejected.
These terms and conditions and any disclaimer are to be regarded as part of the internet publication.
Referrals and links
The Tōtara for Tōtaranui Project website includes references and links to other organisations and does not control the content provided by those organisations. We do not endorse any individuals or organisations.
Donation terms and conditions
Donors like you are at the heart of everything we do at the Tōtara for Tōtaranui Project and without your generosity we would not be able to carry out our goal of conservation in the Marlborough Sounds.
Your Donation Receipts
It is a privilege to be entrusted to carry out your wishes and we value every single dollar we receive. We want to thank you for your kind and thoughtful gifts and, when you provide us with your contact details, we will send you a receipt. Whenever possible we aim to get this to you within two business days of receiving your donation.
You may also be entitled to claim a tax rebate for your donation at the end of the financial year. See http://www.ird.govt.nz/income-tax-individual/tax-credits/donations-taxcredits/donations-taxcredits.html for more information.
The Tōtara for Tōtaranui Project will refund all donations made that are fraudulent due to unauthorised use of a credit card. In all other circumstances, refunds of donations will be at the discretion of the Tōtara for Tōtaranui Project.
Products can only be returned to the Tōtara for Tōtaranui Project if they are faulty, damaged or the wrong product has been delivered. If you need to return a product, simply contact us to arrange this.
The Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair-Trading Act provide the basis for the Tōtara for Tōtaranui Project returns policy.
- The Consumer Guarantees Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold by the Tōtara for Tōtaranui Project. In the event that goods sold are deficient or are faulty, the purchaser has the right to repair, replace or refund.
- Fair Trading Act 1986
The Fair-Trading Act is designed to protect the customer from being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair-Trading Act 1986.
- The wrong product was delivered
If you have ordered something online and received the wrong product, we apologise, and you are more than welcome to an exchange or refund. As a not-for-profit we are unable to meet the cost of the return mail.
- Faulty product
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act you are entitled to have your product repaired, replaced or refunded.
- Damaged product
If you suspect your product has been damaged during delivery please do not throw away the parcel or cover in which the product came as the delivery company will need to inspect it. As a not-for-profit we are unable to meet the cost of the return mail. Simply contact us to arrange this.
Procedure to return a product:
1. Where you have simply changed your mind, you will not be able to return this product.
2. Manufacturing defects do not include normal wear and tear and any damaged caused by accidental or non-accidental damage.
3. Where the product is faulty or damaged due to manufacturing faults we will either: (i) replace the products; or (ii) give you a full refund.
4. All products returned must be in their original unused condition, specifications, and packaging, along with any accompanying accessories / Guarantees / Instructions together with the invoice and/or packing slip accompanying the products.
5. As a not-for-profit we are unable to meet the cost of the return mail.
6. All purchases must be returned and inspected before any refund will be granted.
7. We do not accept returns outside of New Zealand. This is because of the costs of customs fees and taxes on re-entry back into NZ.
Donations do not incur shipping charges.
For all other items shipping is calculated after a destination address has been entered or is indicated at checkout for the product you are purchasing.
Delivery times will vary dependent upon destination and can take up to 5 weeks for international orders.
Your data and privacy
Last updated on 27 June 2021.